1. Basic Supplies
Don't worry! You don't need to buy any fancy supplies for this course. But, for those interested, I will walk you through the supplies I use for doodling and the reasons that I enjoy them.
2. Fundamentals of Doodling
I want to make sure you are as confident as possible throughout this entire course. So, we'll start with the basics by breaking down day-to-day objects and images into shapes. Then we will progress into drawing and refining shapes before turning those basic shapes into doodles. The most amazing thing about the doodling techniques taught in this course is that if you can draw a rough square, circle, and triangle, you can doodle.
3. Creative Challenges to get Inspired
My ultimate goal for you when you finish this course is to leave with a style of your own that you are confident with. With many years of practice and different learning techniques, I'll challenge you (non-competitively) to open up your headspace creatively. Think outside the box. And see things from a new perspective. If the word "challenge" scares you, please know that these challenges are some of the most fun exercises in the course.
4. Stylizing Your Doodles
Once you've nailed down the basic fundamentals and have tried out some new styles, we'll move forward with some semi-advanced techniques including shadows, shading, overlapping, and pattern fills.
"What if I Can't Draw Well?"
This question comes up A LOT!
I want to reassure you that YES YOU CAN. I'll break down every single step of each doodle in this course. There are over 50 individual doodles taught in this course, with techniques that will allow you to doodle unlimited objects and concepts.
So, I guarantee that if you put in the time and effort, you will be able to doodle whatever you set your heart to.
If you can roughly draw these shapes, you will succeed.
What You Get in This Course
*This course is currently available for Pre-Sale. All lectures, videos, and worksheets will be available on August 1st, 2019*
- 4+ hours of video lessons. Video lessons are shot overhead for the perfect view of step-by-step doodles and technique. You can watch these videos as many times as you like from anywhere, on any device. The entire course is at your own pace.
- Practice Worksheets. These worksheets will include challenges to get your creative brain pumping and also doodling practice worksheets to help you break down doodles into shapes and practice doodling certain objects.
- A Lightroom CC Preset for beautiful images of your doodles on white paper.
- Lifetime Access and Free-Updates. You will have lifetime access to the entire course and will have first and free access to any and all updates, including bonus content and new lessons.
- Updates coming:
- Doodling on the iPad Pro
- Turning Your Doodles into Stickers
- Creating Coloring Pages on iPad Pro
- Drawing Mandalas and Medallions
What Can I Do With Doodling?
- You can use the doodles and techniques in this online class to decorate your journal, planner, scrapbook, or sketchbook.
- Turn your doodles into stickers to sell on Etsy or another online platform.
- Create your own coloring pages or a coloring book.
- Use doodles to enhance your university or workshop notes for better memory.
- Doodling is also an amazing hobby for mindfulness and to ease anxiety and daily stressors.
- Ultimately, doodling can be whatever you want it to be. It can be just a hobby or it could be used to create commissioned artwork or products that you can sell.
Erin is a Montana based creative planning blogger, mom of two, and soon-to-be wife. Her blog, The Petite Planner, has been thriving for about one year as of Early 2018. Erin's creative planner spreads have been featured in three books, and she has been a guest author on other blogs. Her biggest passions are helping other's see their creative potential, no matter their beginning point and helping others become more productive so they can reach their biggest goals. You can follow Erin on Instagram @the.petite.planner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Right now is the best time to get in on this course!
If you pre-enroll before July 15th, you will get this course for only $20. That includes all the content listed above as well as future updates (iPad doodling, turning doodles into stickers, creating coloring pages, mandalas and medallions).
As these lessons are added, the price of the course will increase.
But, if you get in right now, you will get the lowest price this course will ever be! And you'll have access to all of the updates when they come out.
Enrolling now could save you $100 or more as this course is updated.
Get started now!
-Rock Your Journal Student, 2018
"Thank you for putting yourself out there and showing me I can do it and that it's relatively easy. I appreciate your teaching style and how you broke things down into easy parts."
-Rock Your Journal Student, 2018